One of the businesses you can venture into that require little capital to start is travel agency. Setting up a travel agency does not require so much capital. Starting a travel agency is a very lucrative business that comes with a lot of profits. One good thing about this business is that you can set it up from the comfort of your home. There are a lot of services render by a travel agent. The following are some of the services:
1. Helping clients to purchase airline tickets
2. Helping clients to make hotel and resort reservations
3. Helping clients in the area of proving information about destination.
There are a lot of services a travel agent render.
Before you setup a travel agency there are things you have to take into consideration. The following are some of the things you have to take in to consideration.
1. First and foremost you have to decide on the type of travel agency you actually wants to setup. This area is very important,you have to decide on the type of travel agency you want to setup. For instance if you have enough capital you can decide to register with International Air Transport Association (IATA) and become a member. If you are a member of IATA you can issue airline tickets to clients.
2. You need to register your travel agency business. Registering the business is very important. Get a special name for the business and register the name. If you are a sole proprietor register it with DTI but if you are a cooperative register it as SEC. Try and make sure you complete all the necessary registration that is require.
3. Securing a good location for the business. You have to look for an environment where you can get enough customers. To get a good location you can contact a real estate agent to help you and secure a very good place.
4. Build a professional website for the business. You need to build a professional website for the business. This website will contain all the services you are rendering. This website can also be used to promote the business.
5. If you want to issue tickets by yourself you need to apply with IATA. To learn more about IATA you can visit there official website iata.org .
6. Try and purchase the necessary equipment’s for the business. The following are some of the office equipment’s you need, computer, internet connection, fax machine, telephone, etc.
7. Finally you need to promote the business. There are different marketing strategies you can use to promote your travel agency business. You need to print flayers, get a business card, brochure, etc. marketing is very important in the business. You can place advert on newspapers, media house and also on the internet.