Author Topic: Step by step guide on how to start a catering business  (Read 97 times)

kokane

• View Profile
Step by step guide on how to start a catering business
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:26:31 PM »
Starting a catering business can be profitable when setup properly in a good way. If you are really the type of person that actually love to cook venturing into catering business is the best business for you. One good thing about this business is that it has a high demand, a lot of people really need their services. On this article we are going to discuss the step by step guide on how you can setup you own catering business.
The following are the step by step on how you can successful start catering business.                             
1.   Try to make sure you acquire the necessary skills: Before you think of venturing into the business you need to acquire the necessary skills. Try as much as possible to attend a good catering school. One good thing about attending a catering school is that you will be issue a certificate which can give you an edge over other caterers. Attending a catering school will really build up in the business.
2.   You have to come up with a decision on what type of catering services you want to offer. This aspect will really show that you are a professional in the business. In coming up with a decision the following is what you are going to ask yourself:
   I my going to become an indoor or outdoor caterer?
   Am I going to offer my services to specific companies?
There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself before taking a decision.
3.   You have to pick a business name for your catering business. This aspect is also very important.
4.   You have to come with a decision on the type of food you want to cook. There are a lot of dishes you can decide to be cooking. Some of them are like:
   African dishes
   local dishes
   Intercontinental dishes or continental dishes etc.
You can decide on any of them.
5.   You need to create a menu. The creating of food menu is very important in fact the food menu is what your client will like to see first before negotiating business with you.
6.   Make sure you test your dishes. After you are through with creating your menu make sure you test your dishes, you can do this by organizing a small parties with your friends and relations. Try to ask them question about the dishes. Tell them to give you there honest reviews about the dishes.
7.   Try and secure a good location for the catering business. You can either buy a place or rent a place it depends on your capacity.
8.   Try and get the necessary licenses and permit for the catering business.
9.   Try and setup your kitchen to a very good standard.
10.   Try and get the necessary catering equipment: getting necessary equipment is very important. The catering services you want to be offering will determine the equipment you are purchasing for the catering business.
Hope this article is helpful to you. Wish you all the best in the business.

JUSTINDESK

Step by step guide on how to start a catering business
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:26:31 PM »