Starting Quail rearing is a very good livestock farming business. Quail rearing is one of the livestock farming business that does not require so much capital to start. On like any other poultry birds, Quail are fairly diseases resistance. In the area of Japanese Quail they mature within 6 weeks and also they are in full egg production within the fifty days of age. When the Quail is rear in a proper way the hen can lay about 200 eggs in their first year of lay.
Benefits of raising Quail
Raising Quails has a lot of benefits. The following are some of the benefit of raising Quails:
1. On like any other poultry birds Quail raising requires a minimum floor space.
2. One of the benefits of raising Quails is that Quail raising does not require so much investment
3. Another good benefit of raising Quails is that Quail can be marketed in an early age
4. Another essential benefit of Quails is that the meat helps in the area of promoting the body and the brain of children.
5. One good benefits of raising Quail is that the meat has less fat and is tastier.
Types of Quail breeds
There are different types of Quail breeds. The following are some of the types of Quail breeds.
1. Blue Scaled Quail breed Callipepla Squamata
2. Blue Quail breed Coturnix Adansonii
3. Harlequin Quail breed Coturnix Delegorguei
4. European Quail breed Coturnix Coturnix
5. Chinese Painted Quail breed Coturnix Chinensis
6. Californian Quail breed Callipepla Californica
Quails have a lot of breed you can rear. The following listed are good Quail breeds you can rear
Ideas on how to market your Quail
Quails are rear for two major purposes which are either consumption purpose or commercial purpose. If it is for commercial purpose the following are the marketing tips you can use to market your Quails.
1. The first step is to belong to Quail raising association. You can easily get contacts of valuable customer with this platform.
2. Advertising your Quail farm is another good tip of getting customers.
3. Ensure that your Quail farm is neat and conducive.
4. Be always honest with your customers
5. Satisfy your customers all the time.
6. When your customer refuses your bird or eggs accept it in a good way.
Hope this article is helpful to you. Wish you all the best.